Join The MovementBe A Volunteer
Be A Volunteer
To see all volunteer opportunities, visit our official registration page.
Some of our upcoming events include:
Easter Sunday: Make and give out Easter/Passover Bags
April 27 – 30, 2019: Help Our Homeless Youth and More
- April 27th is completely full.
- April 28th: two teams of 10 people will be needed for packing and assembling.
- April 29 and 30th: teams of 8 will be needed each night to give out backpacks.
To volunteer, click here to register.
May 28 – 30, 2019. Click here for more information.
June 23 -26, 2019: Gay Pride, Helping Our Youth & Community
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re signing up to go out on the street with us, it’s important that you be comfortable interacting and talking with people who are homeless, understanding that a person’s circumstances do not make them any less deserving of kindness and compassion.
Volunteers who are going out with the backpacks need to attend a mandatory 30-minute orientation before their shift.
To sign up, go to our registration page, or please fill out the form on the right, and our volunteer coordinator will contact you.
To see what our volunteers are saying about Backpacks For The Street and their experience, check out our volunteer testimonials.
As our mantra goes: a person’s circumstances does not make them any less worthy of kindness and compassion or to be treated with dignity and respect. We are all in this together.
For additional information, please email us.
BFTS is an inclusive organization, providing a safe space for all its volunteers and clients, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, disability or musical tastes. As such, we have a zero tolerance policy regarding harassment or discrimination, and bullying, of any kind, as well as any inappropriate behavior or contact, especially of a sexual nature, or verbal abuse.
For Volunteer Information
Don’t Live In NYC. No Problem.
Here are some awesomeways YOU can Be A BFTS All-Star!
- Be an BFTS Ambassador, and help spread the word.
- Join our BFTS Affiliate program, and start a BFTS chapter in your town.
- Become a BFTS Social Media Maven, sharing our posts and photos across your social media channels.
- Share our Amazon Wish List.
- Share a link to our donation page. Every dollar matters, whether it’s $5 or $500.
- 100% of every donation goes directly to helping the homeless.